Perfectly Persuasive Presentations
6 & 7 May, 2021
Does Your PowerPoint feel like a colourful recap of your speech notes?
Do you sometimes treat your presentation slides like a teleprompter?
Does your presentation feel like a mid-day lullaby for your audience?
Clearly a truly successful business presentation is not merely to inform – it is to win support for your ideas, to get buy-in for your proposals, to persuade.
How This Class Is Different?
This is not a typical presentation skills course. For starters, this is a Masterclass – which means just 10 learners in the classroom. The focus is on substance, persuasiveness, and impact. We will not waste your time trying to teach you how to articulate, breathe or speak the Queen’s English in two days.
We will debunk a lot of conventional wisdom about business presentations and give you the tools you need to be a commanding, compelling, and persuasive presenter. You should expect to be challenged, provoked, and to encounter unconventional ideas.
How Why It Works?
In this high-impact, two-day workshop, you will learn how to size up a demanding business audience and answer the two critical questions: What do they want? and Why should they listen to me?
You will learn the secrets of developing rapport and connecting with your audience. You will also learn how to craft a clear and compelling message and deliver it with impact. You will learn how to Leverage on slides, flip charts, props, and other media to move your audience to action.
Finally, you will work with a checklist to make certain that you take advantage of every golden opportunity.
In 2 Days, You Will;
- Size up a discriminating business audience
- Understand your role as a presenter
- Grab their attention from the first few seconds
- Build rapport to connect with and engage your audience
- Develop a clear, compelling, and persuasive message
- Frame alternatives to get the results you want
- Structure your presentation to achieve your objective
- Manage nerves and stage fright to exude confidence and own the room
- Develop a professional stage presence using your voice, appearance, and nonverbal communication techniques
- Harness the power of words, pictures, and stories to be more persuasive
- Master the language techniques of the world’s most electrifying speakers
- Use humor and props to keep your audience fully engaged
- Design eye-popping slides, charts, and graphics to clearly convey your message
- Handle Q&A like a pro and have the last word
- Use powerful psychological principles to be irresistibly persuasive
- Be the one they remember!
Experience A Different Methodology
A business presentation is not a beauty contest; it’s about persuasion. While we
will pay some attention to delivery style and how to manage adverse conditions,
we will emphasize essential techniques of conveying key points powerfully and
persuasively. You will have the opportunity to deliver a short presentation and
hone your persuasion skills.
- Interactive sessions
- Presentations and critiques
Who Should Attend
Managers, department heads, sales professionals, team
leaders, C-level executives, lawyers, government officials, lecturers, trainers, and
others who wish to improve their speaking, persuasion, and presenting skills.
Day 1 Training Agenda
- Presentation Myths – Busted
- What is a Presentation? (It’s not what you think….)
- Characteristics of a Kickass Presenter
Your Delivery: How to Own the Room
- PAVE the Way to Success
- First Impressions
- Overcoming Stage Fright
- Connecting with Your Audience
- Developing a Commanding Presence with Your Voice and Nonverbals
- Are You a Butterfly or an Eagle? The Problem with Your Hands
- Don’t Let Distracting Behaviors Undermine Your Performance
- Mastering the Q&A
- When Things Go Bad – How to Fix It
Using the Tools of the Trade
- The Three Components of a Presentation
- The Eyes Have It: Graphics and Visual Aids
- PowerPoint Slides: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Flip Chart Magic
- Humor, Props, and Showmanship
- The Most Important Visual Aid – You!
Developing a Compelling Message
- Who is Your Audience?
- What is Your Objective?
- What is Your Message?
- Your Money Phrase
- The Critical Balance: Logic, Credibility, and Passion
Day 2 Training Agenda
Structuring a Perfectly Persuasive Presentation
- Opening to Command Attention
- Why Should They Care?
- Organizing Your Content
- Transitions for a Smooth Flow
- The Grand Finale: Closing with a Bang
- It’s All About Timing
It’s Not a Beauty Contest, It’s About Persuasion
- Priming, Framing, and Other Kickass Persuasion Techniques
- Winning Minds by Managing Choices
- The Power of Contrast
- Persuasion by the Numbers: Using Figures and Statistics
The Poetry of Presentation
- Poetic Language Techniques
- Persuasive Words and Jargon
- Painting Mental Pictures
- Power Words and the Active Voice
Your Engagement Facilitator
David Goldwich, the Persuasion Doctor, teaches people how to become more
influential, compelling, and irresistibly persuasive. He has MBA and JD degrees
and practiced law in the United States for more than ten years, arguing before
judges and political, government, and community bodies. He knows how to
persuade the toughest audiences. David speaks internationally and conducts
workshops in persuasive business presentations, negotiation, storytelling for
leaders and sales professionals, and other areas of influence and persuasion. He
is the author of four books, including Kickass Business Presentations: How to
Persuade Your Audience Every Time.
| Registration Form |
Perfectly Persuasive Presentations
6 & 7 MAY, 2021
S$2095 | Early Bird
- Availablity 70% 70%
- Booked 30% 30%