Dealing With Difficult People | EveAsh
Spend 2 Days with Eve Ash, a globally recognized training expert on Dealing With Difficult People
“Eve’s workshops are full of practical advice, ‘valuable action points to take back’ ‘great mix of humour, video, & group work’, ‘kept the pace going well & covered a lot of content’ ‘ activities very, very good … rewarding to participate in’.
3 & 4 DECEMBER
Hilton Orchard Singapore
Based entirely on an international best-selling program, the “Dealing With Difficult People “ workshop is a unique opportunity to work face-to-face with a world renowned psychologist and expert on dealing with people problems at work.
Develop powerful skills to deal with negativity, complaints and arguments, whether it be angry customers, moody colleagues, overbearing associates, manipulative personalities or uncooperative people. Turn negativity onto productivity!
A trained psychologist, award winning presenter and best selling Author, Eve is a globally recognized leading expert on “Dealing with Difficult People”.
A prodigious author and charismatic speaker, Eve has produced over 700 training programs, teaching over 20,0000 organisations and executives around the world how to communicate, present and resolve conflict successfully. Her programs are distributed in over 40 countries and in use by businesses, Governments and universities all over the world.
Eve has won over 160 international awards for creativity and excellence.Her best-selling books are published by Penguin Books.
Eve is an inspirational speaker renowned for her practical strategies, powerful communication style, memorable presentations and creative interactive workshops.
Eve is a great dealing with difficult people expert. She is an engaging facilitator and reinforces with high quality video presentations and fantastic role-plays.
Eve answered dealing with difficult people questions and challenges to the point. Nothing was grey and a solution was always presented in black and white.
A very creative and powerful way to teach dealing with difficult people skills! Eve ash is also a very effective facilitator!
This workshop was very efficient . Eve is very professional , committed and helpful at every turn. She delivers as advertised with extra miles! Great course to recommend!
This is more than just a dealing with difficult people course as it also facilitates the reflection of who we are and how we can manage any difficult situation. Eve Ash is a knowledgeable trainer who knows her stuff
The trainer was very professional and committed to the class and she was very clear in her explanations. She facilitated a very effective class where everyone learned from her and everyone else.
I have never been to a Dealing With Difficult workshop that was more engaging then Eve’s!
We face multiple levels of people problems and Eve’s course was very helpful in preparing our staff for these issues. Thanks much Eve!
Full 2 Day Program Agenda
Session 1 UNDERSTANDING DIFFICULT PEOPLE & CAUSES OF CONFLICT
- Uncover common reasons for customer and staff dissatisfaction
- Gain an understanding of negative, moody and angry people
- Learn to identify the key triggers for ‘difficult’ behaviour in customers and teams
- Explore the situations and people that challenge you most
- Build a common list of challenges we want to overcome and skills we wish to build
- VIDEO: Case study
- ACTIVITY: People I find most difficult
- ACTIVITY: I hate … I wish …
Session 2 SELF AWARENESS AND MINDSET MANAGEMENT
- Learn Eve Ash’s unique psychological approach for overcoming negativity and dealing with difficult people and tough encounters
- Find out how scripts affect our behaviour, and how to rewrite negative scripts and build positive ones
- Increase self-awareness of your contribution to a difficult situation
- Understand the impact of body language and the power of your tone, volume and speed of speech
- How to manage your own negativity
- Learn to develop powerful positive attitudes to service and difficult people
- Discover the boomerang effect and how the reciprocity urge can help you communicate positively and provide excellent service
- VIDEOS: Getting Motivated | Boomerang
- ACTIVITY: The impact of our body language and voice
- ACTIVITY: Rewriting service scripts
Session 3 COMMUNICATION SKILLS FOR HANDLING COMPLAINERS
- Learn 5 key listening skills and the common listening blocks
- Learn 10 ways to be a great responder
- Learn how to be assertive not passive or aggressive and see the impact of each communication style
- Deal with crying and frustration
- Refine and practise the art of empathy
- Learn the power of caring and apologising
- Welcome complaints and learn how to turn complainers into congratulators
- Learn steps for handling various complaints
- How to manage a disagreement constructively
- Discover 8 ways to resolve conflict and de-escalate a conflict spiral
- VIDEO: Complainer case study
- ACTIVITY: Welcoming complaints
- ACTIVITY: Communication strategies for success
Session 4 HOW TO HANDLE DIFFICULT CO-WORKERS AND MANAGERS
- Learn feedback skills for use with difficult co-workers, staff or even your managers
- Know how to respond to feedback, criticism or a personal attack
- Learn a 3-step approach to deal with a long-winded person and retain respect
- See how to manage someone who’s too quiet
- Learn how to deal with manipulative people so you are always competent and professional
- Explore strategies to turn resistance into assistance
- Try out ways to motivate uncooperative people
- Discover 7 ways to handle a difficult boss
- VIDEO: Sharing feedback
- ACTIVITY: Skill building scenarios
Session 5 MANAGING AGGRESSION AND ABUSE
- Learn key strategies for dealing with abusive calls
- Discover best ways to diffuse anger and reduce risk in aggressive and threatening situations
- The importance of rules and standards
- Practise skills for dealing with anger and abuse
- Learn the best way to debrief after an angry encounter
- Learn 10 steps to eliminate bullying and harassment
- VIDEO: Dealing with Abusive and Threatening calls
- VIDEO: Bullying and harassment
- ACTIVITY: Role play scenarios for skill building
Session 6 SKILLS FOR RESOLVING AND MEDIATING CONFLICTS
- Learn best ways to handle a personality clash
- Hone your skills in a practice scenario
- Find out how to mediate a dispute so both parties are dealt with fairly and best results are achieved
- Learn to manage conflicts effectively, even when they occur in a meting
- Prevent negative people taking control by stepping in early
- Turn negativity into productivity
- VIDEO: Personality Clash
- VIDEO: Mediating dispute case study
- ACTIVITY: Conflict mediation game
Session 7 BEING A CALM CHAMPION OF COMMUNICATION
- Learn 8 ways to manage your own stress in a difficult situation so you have the best chance of reaching a successful outcome for all
- Become a champion communicator and achieve a calm resolution when tempers are flared
- Create a respectful workplace and positive service culture in your team, even if you are not the leader
- Build positive and productive relationships
- Develop yourself to be a star performer with CAKES: consistency, attitude, knowledge, efficiency and skills
- VIDEO: Switch on Caring
- VIDEO: Ensuring a Respectful Workplace
- ACTIVITY: My strategies for de-stressing
- ACTIVITY: Practice scenarios for skill building
Session 8 MY PLAN OF ACTION FOR FUTURE DEVELOPMENT
- Review knowledge and skills you have learned
- Develop an action plan for your development in the future
- Get feedback from a special group
- Commit to improvement
- ACTIVITY: Developing my plan
- ACTIVITY: Sharing my plan with a special group
Dealing With Difficult People | Registration Form
3 & 4 DECEMBER
HILTON ORCHARD SINGAPORE
S$1695 | Early Bird NOW
- Availablity 70% 70%
- Booked 30% 30%